• October 28

• January 3Senior make-up pictures are Monday, October 28!

The student news site of Camden High School

Palmetto Leaf

An important bond

Brodie Horton, Staff Writer

Friends are special people. You hang out with them, talk to them, tell them secrets, all kinds of things. Friends teach you a lot of things, obvious things such as social skills and how to work with other people, but those are just regular friends. Your best friend is someone you can trust your life with, with your best friend you learn the meaning of friendship and what it takes to have that kind of relationship.

You know someone is your best friend when you treat each other like family because they are that special to you, and that is not to say you do not have more than one best friend. That just makes you part of a circle. I have a circle, just me and a few other people, not big to other people, but to us it is like a brotherhood. We all trust each other, we joke with each other, we get mad at each other, but at the end of the day we all go back to each other. That is what makes friendship so special, no matter what happens you know that you will come back to each other, and that is how it will always be.

People do not need to be alone. Make some friends and put yourself out there. It will be the best decision of your life. You will then see the true meaning of friendship, and that is what makes it so special.

An important bond